27 June 2014

Sunshine

The weather experts tell us it will be a warmer winter this year, but I can still feel it getting colder!  Perfect weather for hiding inside and scrapping...  and I still have an abundance of summer photographs to scrap too.

This layout was inspired by the sketch challenge at Scrap our Stash.  I used one larger photograph instead of the two in the sketch, all the other elements of the sketch are there:



The extra criteria:
> enamel dots/sequins: I don't either of those items, but because the spirit of the challenge is to use your stash, I decided to make my own enamel dots.  I cut out some some small circles using the scraps of patterned paper from this layout, and added an enamel effect using Dimensional Magic:
> two different alphas: Check!  ... I love doing this!




At Crafty Ribbons this week's challenge is to include stitching and of course, ribbon. I love machine stitching on my layouts - and for this one I stitched around the distressed paper strips:



I used some vintage trim from my habby-stash (actually, I think this trim might have come from my mum's stash originally!)

I'm also submitting at Back Porch Memories.  This is another layout with lots of buttons (Danielle's challenge) and also several different patterned papers from different manufacturers (Alissa's challenge).

Materials:
Pink Paislee Queen Bee - Worker Bee patterned paper
Basic Grey Sublime - Cinnamon patterned paper
Cosmo Cricket 2wenty Thr3e - Postcards patterned paper
Carolee's Creations AdornIt - Tiny Whoopsy Red alphabet stickers
GCD Studios Red Glitter alphabet stickers
Portacraft paper flowers

8 comments :

  1. Fantastic page and take on the challenge! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab page
    Thanks so much for joining in at Crafty Ribbons Challenges
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. GJ with the sketch! Thanks for playing along with SOS!
    e.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great take on the challenge! Thanks for playing along at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great take on the sketch! Well done! Thank you for joining us at Scrap Our Stash.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Making your own enamel dots rocked! Love the layout and how much love came out :). Kate (SOS)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful layout and take on the challenge! Thank you for playing along at Scrap our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great layout. I like the colours and design. Thank you for playing with us at Crafty ribbons! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)