06 May 2014

Scrap & Play

This is a layout I created, based on the sketch at the new Scrap & Play challenge blog:



I used one photograph instead of two, but apart from that I worked fairly closely to the sketch.  I didn't set out to make it monochromatic, but it kind of worked out that way... 

When I was searching through my ribbons I came across a tangle of metallic trim which added the perfect finishing touch. I ran the trim through my old Xyron X150 (I haven't used it for years) and it worked a treat for attaching it to my page without mess  - thank you to Jackie for the tip!



I'm also submitting at:
Craft Hoarders Anonymous - Ribbon, Lace & Twine
Crafty Ribbons - Anything Goes


Materials:
Bazzill cardstock
GCD Studios patterned paper
Bella! Happy Holidays patterned paper
Kaisercraft Pearls

12 comments :

  1. That trim looks fantastic!! Such a great layout!! Thanks so much for joining us at Scrap & Play!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great title work and love the fun pops of bling!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Scrap & play!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful layout! Thanks for joining in with the Crafty Ribbons Challenge this week!
    Hugs Lynsey x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice layout. Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful layout and I love the trim you used! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a delightful and fun Christmas design with a precious photo.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you created a frame using trim. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anon :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would never think to use the trim that way! How clever! Wow! Thanks for playing along at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the monochromatic look on this! Very creative use of the trim. Nicely done. Thanks for joining us at Scrap & Play!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all the red and gorgeous trim!! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap & Play!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous layout, love the use of trim. Thanks for sharing with us on the Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)