06 April 2014

Today is a gift...

... that's why they call it the present.  (Love that sentiment!)

This is my layout for Lasting Memories; this week "it's all in the colours" - we'd love to see creative colouring on your embellishments:

 

What I did:  I painted raw chipboard shapes with acrylic paint. When dry, I doodled with my art pen, then painted over the top with Dimensional Magic:






My layout was inspired by the April sketch at The Scrapbook Store.  I left out some of the circle elements but the basic skeleton of the sketch is still there.

I chose some bright spring colours for the challenge over at Scrap Our Stash (turquoise and fuchsia), and also included the other required elements - a paperclip, journalling card, and 3D embellishments (chipboard buttons, pompom trim).

AND I used a little organza craft bag as my background for the April Scrap It Girl Tags & Bags Challenge.  I've had this in my stash for a while just waiting for the right project - it's got space for some hidden journalling behind the photograph.  (PS:  Here's a little secret - the bag wasn't part of my original design plan, but I had a last-minute "mishap" with a leaky doodling pen and had to pull apart my 'Plan-A' layout and toss some of the pieces.  I was at a temporay loss as to what to substitute - then I saw this challenge - serendipitous inspiration, I think.)

Materials:
Echo Park Victoria Gardens - Garden Gate patterned paper
Echo Park Life is Good - Journal Cards patterned paper
Echo Park Life is Good - Happy Borders patterned paper
Dream Street Menagerie - Foliage patterned paper
Bazzill Bling - Shimmer cardstock
Bella! Chipz chipboard shapes
DMC embroidery floss
Craft Works acrylic paint - hot pink
Hobby Craft metallic paint - aqua
Mini pompom trim - aqua
Yellow paper clip from my stash
Organza party treat bag

29 comments :

  1. Lovely page and very nice take on the Stash Challenge at Scrap Our Stash! Thank you for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brilliant idea! Love your LO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a sweet page! Great take on the challenge! Thanks for playing along at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you created your embellishments! Very creative and great way to use your stash!!
    Thanks for joining us at Scrap Our Stash :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely layout! Thanks for playing along with Scrap Our Stash! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job with the chipboard! Love the colouring and design of your layout. Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful spring page with us at Scrap Our Stash. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love what you created with the chipboard. And, the use of that bag for our challenge. Super creative!! Thank you for joining in on the fun at Scrap It Girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute page! Thanks for playing along at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love how you incorporated the bag into your layout! So clever! Love the colors and your painted chipboard pieces! Thank you so much for joining us at Scrap It Girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. cute buttons... love the doodling you did on them

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a smart idea to use the organza bag! Thanks for taking part in Scrap it Girl challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the colors and thanks for the chipboard tip! Am off to dig in my stash so I can copy :) Kate (Scrap Our Stash)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is an adorable page, and I love all of your elements and the colors too! Thanks for playing along with SOS!
    e.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful LO. Love the cute bag. Fantastic. Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap it Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely page! great job on the stash challenge! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this!! How clever to use that organza bag...such a nice feminine layer and the buttons are awesome! Super clever. Thanks for playing along with Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome job on the challenge...and yes that is an awesome sentiment!
    Thanks for participating with Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have a lot of those little bags like you used. Great idea. Thanks for playing at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the use of the bag, very clever. Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap it Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great idea to use an organza bag on a layout! Love it! Thanks for playing with us at Scrap It Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely! Thanks for playing along at Scrap It Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So beautiful! I really love those hommade buttons. Thank you for joining us at Scrap Our Stash.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your use of the bag is brilliant! Thanks for joining us at Scrap it Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Adorable. Love the colors you used. Thanks for playing at Scrap It Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful layout! I love those "oops" moments that lead to an amazing out of the box result. :) Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap it Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love how you painted the chipboard, great effect. I also love that you used a bag as a layer, very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful layout...treasure the memories....the use of the bag is so creative!! Thanks for joining us at Scrap It Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  28. clever use of the bag to cover an "oops"...Thanks for playing the April Scrap It Girl Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  29. wonderful idea using the mesh bag!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)