18 October 2011

Elegant?

I don't really consider myself an "elegant" scrapper so last week's Passion for Fashion challenge at Scrap Boutique stretched me a bit.  The layout was based on a provided sketch, and was inspired by the criteria:

ELEGANT This style includes expensive designer's reproduction, but should not be misunderstood as "haute" or high fashion.
Colour ~ Unusual, muted solid colors (gray, black and white)
Lines ~ Mostly uncomplicated and well fitted (Chanel type)

Textures ~ Fabrics, usually expensive materials.
Effects ~ Very refined, status and executive-looking.
NeedsSemi custom-made or altered to fit.
Favorite Accessory ~ Coordinated and matching real gold and diamond accessories.
Note:
Notice the emphasis on the uncomplicated, well fitted status look.



I made the flowers myself :)

2 comments :

  1. Hi Karen. Thanks for joining in my candy. That is one beautiful LO you've made there with beautiful homemade flowers and love that bling. Feel I have to clarify something. Yup you have seen me at TTT, but not at Southern Girls yet;)I have my debute there in november;) Yup there are more than one Bettina.. I am Bettina L and a Norwegian, but I am not offended by being compared to the extremely talented swedish Bettina;) Have a nice day

    Bettina L xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your layout. I browsed a bit and love your style. I will be back to visit now that I am following. Thanks for sharing.
    Happily Scrapi\booking & Crafting My Memories~S`andra V.
    http://ohmyscraps2u.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)