26 May 2014

Use a digi!!

My next Lasting Memories challenge layout is overdue... oops.  This week the challenge is to use a digi on your layout.  Thanks to the talent and generosity of so many online artists, we are absolutely spoiled for choice when it comes to free digital products.

It's been a long time since I did any 100% digital layouts, but I still love using digital elements on my traditional pages.   I didn't use a digital 'picture' but I did use some digital embellishments.

 This is my layout:




This is a closeup of the journal card that I used:


I downloaded the journal card FREE from Miss Tiina's: 
http://misstiina.com/blog/new-everyday-collection-cu-plus-128-free-printable-journal-cards/

I also created my title using digital alphabets, which I added to my photograph before printing:



The alphabet set is called When Summer Ends, created by Maya de Groot.  The original yellow didn't match my photograph, so I changed the colour using hue and saturation settings in Photoshop Elements.

I created my layout using a sketch from Stuck?! Sketches.  The sketch was perfect for using lots of paper offcuts, so despite the focus on digital elements I still managed to reach deep into my stash and use some more of my hoarded patterned paper (all Echo Park), flowers (all Prima) and buttons.

6 comments :

  1. So pretty, love the aqua colour scheme! Thanks for all the digi tips! So glad you played along at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous layout karen, I love the colors and your digital elements. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my goodness! LOVE the stitching and the whole layout is just awesome for your photo!! Thanks for playing along with us over at Stuck?! Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool is that and very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photo and title. The colours are awesome! Thanks for playing along with Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful layout! love the color! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)