04 May 2014

Make your own background

This week at Lasting Memories, the layout challenge is to make your own background.   You can use any materials or techniques that you like, and of course digi layouts are also welcome so that's another world of possibilities!

I decided to use up some scraps to create a bit of texture, and I also stamped with some paint.  I'm still very new to the world of mixed-media so everything I did was very simple!

I used the sketch at Chic Tags as inspiration for my page:




I also created a step-by-step to show what I did:

(1)



(2)



(3)



(4)





(5)





After that, it was just a matter of arranging my photograph and other elements, then doing a touch of stitching and outlining to finish things off.  Here's a little closeup of some of the embellishments:




Materials:
Kaisercolour Spearmint acrylic paint
Kaisercolour Candy acrylic paint
Chic Tags Vintage Note Stamps journalling tags 
A2Z Scraplets Words - Friends chipboard title
Prima Essentials mulberry flowers
Robyn's crocheted flowers


12/05/2014 Edit to add:  My layout was announced as a winner at Chic Tags

4 comments :

  1. What a fantastic tut! Your LO is so awesome! Gotta try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for tutorial and letting me copy :) It was fun!
    I loved the way your layout came out. TA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Again Karen... this is utterly fantastic! Wonderful tutorial and love how your layout turned out. You all are so inspiring. I need to get out of my comfort zone and explore the wild side. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen this is awesome:) The tutorial is really helpful-just maybe I will get out of my comfort zone and try this.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave a message :)